As I peruse the internet for birthday party ideas for my little loves and showers for my fantabulous friends, I am simply amazed at the amount of talent that is "out there" in the world! I noticed that most of the blogs were from large cities here and there. I sort of felt like I needed to represent the small{ish} towns out there, like mine. Mostly because I am surrounded by a mega-talented group of friends! This blog is dedicated to all of them and to all of you. For the love of a sweet soiree!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cookies and Milk!

When I was thinking about ideas for my little girl's first birthday, I wanted something different from the pink, pink, pink cupcake party. It just didn't seem to fit her personality. So, I decided to do a Cookies and Milk party! I LOVED this party! To be honest, I thought I was totally original, but as it turns out, it has been done before, and in fabulous fashion! I thought I would give you a look at 3 different spins of the theme! {This is my lil' cookie!} I got all different flavors of organic milk and put it all on ice in these galvanized buckets I found at a fabric store.

I also wanted to use brown and yellow as opposed to pink. I did add a few pink accents in there though! A girls gotta have her pink!!

I made all the cookies and labels so I felt like they were made with love. To add a little extra color, I did yellow and brown candy in jars. I thought it turned out cutie pie!




Party favors were bags of the cookies from the party with a sticker of Reese with chocolate all over her face! It said, "Thanks for celebrating with me!" I had them made at shutterfly.
I also did little cutouts from her invitation and put them on the kids tables! I put rose buds in a salt shaker...soooo easy! This was such a fun party for me to give my daughter! I think she loved it too!
The next party was given my a friend of mine from college, Jessica. She has some super cute parties that I cannot wait to show you! I love her party because it is catered towards tots who are a little older, so they could have activities!



Love these bags!!! Anytime you can personalize...you should!


Again, here is the cookie decorating theme...LOVE it! Keeps the tots active and makes for yummy take home treats! Thanks, Jessica!!!!
Last, but most definitely NOT least...this was a finalist in the "Adorable Party" contest on the Creative Hostess blog and as you can see...it was a BEAUTIFUL party!! Wow! Love all the crazy details! Who doesn't love a COOKIE????

No comments:

Post a Comment