As I peruse the internet for birthday party ideas for my little loves and showers for my fantabulous friends, I am simply amazed at the amount of talent that is "out there" in the world! I noticed that most of the blogs were from large cities here and there. I sort of felt like I needed to represent the small{ish} towns out there, like mine. Mostly because I am surrounded by a mega-talented group of friends! This blog is dedicated to all of them and to all of you. For the love of a sweet soiree!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Dog-Gone First Birthday!

Here my little muffin man was at 1! Wow! Time flies! He started it all! My inspiration for a new chapter of motherhood...Birthday party planning! My desire is for all of my children's birthday parties to be unforgettable! If I had one tip to give parents planning parties: Do something your child loves! It does not have to be over-the-top. Or expensive. Make it from the heart! Use what you have and make it great! But do something they will adore and talk about later on! We chose a doggy-themed first birthday for my son. At the time, he could barely talk, but oh he loved ALL dogs so! {Photo by my oh-so-talented bestie, Kimberly} Again, I so wish I had a better camera at this point in time. My little point and shoot camera does noto so any of it justice! I found some cute blow-up dogs at Oriental Trading Company and placed them on the tables with a dog bowls {purchased at a pet store} full of goldfish and "puffs"!

Again, from Oriental Trading Company, I found these hats! They were the party favors, along with a cookie shaped like a bone...I am not big on huge "goody bags". I tend to do one big thing along with a sweet treat.
I made the banner that said, "Puppy Chow"



Pictures throughout the year are a must! I displayed them on this rusty wire frame I borrowed from a friend.
I also handmade this Happy Birthday banner. I now know you can use computer graphics! heehee!


I so wish I had more and better pictures of this party. It will always hold a very special place in my heart!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicki...can't tell you how much I LOVE this new blog of yours!!! I hadn't seen Tristan's first birthday and I love the puppy dog idea...it may be my Tristan's 2nd bday party!! Throwing showers and planning parties is also one of my fave things to do so I'm sure this will be a new frequented site of mine, thanks for putting it together.

    ReplyDelete