As I peruse the internet for birthday party ideas for my little loves and showers for my fantabulous friends, I am simply amazed at the amount of talent that is "out there" in the world! I noticed that most of the blogs were from large cities here and there. I sort of felt like I needed to represent the small{ish} towns out there, like mine. Mostly because I am surrounded by a mega-talented group of friends! This blog is dedicated to all of them and to all of you. For the love of a sweet soiree!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Scream, You Scream!

{All Together Now...} WE ALL SCREAM FOR IcEcReAm!!

Ice cream is such an easy and inexpensive way to add to any party! I am also a firm believer that you can have ice cream at any time of year...not just summer! No matter how or when you serve it, it is ALWAYS a huge hit!

This was a shower I helped host for my friend Holly. We used these fun, bright colors and used sherbet in these fun ice cream dishes {my MIL bought glasses for me one year at Wal-Mart!! They are a hit and I always loan them out if you need them}! The sherbet on it's own was a great treat for the guests and we passed them out while everyone was mingling! You can read more about that shower here.

My friend Cari sent these to me of a super fun couples shower! Everything was purchased at a grocery store which made it super simple, but yummy! Of course, toppings of all kinds are a must!! I think a kid's party would be great using M&M's or any topping matching the color theme along with vanilla ice cream, set it out on a table and voila!

And if you REALLY want to impress...add a little floral flare! You know what I love? Carnations are really "in" right now!!! Awesome! I think carnations are fabulous anyway, the Chi Omega, flower! This absolutely adorable arrangement I found at Celebrations at Home. Chris Nease is
amazing, she found this arrangement from The Bliss Tree.
And I thought these were super cute, from the Hostess Blog where these designs were by Todd Olham. I think you can make these on your own with a little search for a cutesie vase!


Here's to your next party!

1 comment:

  1. lullabylubbock.blogspot.com

    you have to check out Allison's daughters ice cream party she had in March. It is FAB!

    ReplyDelete