As I peruse the internet for birthday party ideas for my little loves and showers for my fantabulous friends, I am simply amazed at the amount of talent that is "out there" in the world! I noticed that most of the blogs were from large cities here and there. I sort of felt like I needed to represent the small{ish} towns out there, like mine. Mostly because I am surrounded by a mega-talented group of friends! This blog is dedicated to all of them and to all of you. For the love of a sweet soiree!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Nesting!

I first want to say that my inbox is flooded with GORGEOUS parties of all kinds! PLEASE keep reading and I will post them as I get to them! I am working on having a button made so you can post it to your blog when you are featured so stay tuned! Now, on to the post...

Nest type things with owls and birds are very prominent lately. I love the look, it sort of brings a fun and antique take on a classic. My friend, Sara, made this mobile in honor of her friend's upcoming birth of twins! I thought it turned out beautifully. The cookies were by our Waco favorite, Cecile Crumpler! If you ever come thru, you should call her for a cookie or two!

She also made this cute little cage topper. You can find the DIY template on her blog!
These owls were hanging over the the gifts! GREAT shower!

This birthday party was done by my, oh-so-crafty friend,
Laura. Her daughter was getting this bedding for her birthday, so she went ahead with the "Hoot" Theme!
Laura is the one who is always urging me to get a Cricut and I will say, she almost has me sold! Her banners are always so cute!
She made this little picture collage.
And paper mache trees!
LOVE these suckers! How precious?!?
And here was the hit of the par-tay. Cake pops on pretzel sticks posing as trees! YUMMY! If you haven't tried to make cake balls, you should. You look like a rock star fo rmaking them, kids and adults love 'em and they are so easy to make!
And what's a birthday party without cupcakes and toppers? Another HOOT of a party!! Keep all of your parties comin'!!! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. How Cute! My daughter has that same bedding and I am throwing a lil owl party for her in May! Got those same lollipops at Walmart! I love to make cake balls and those are perfect for the theme! Thanks so much for sharing and grab my button when you can to let people know you were featured on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete